What is a splitPanel?
splitPanel is web-based software combined with a hardware product provided by Intricate Networks Inc. to offer our clients a Digital Display Advertising Solution. The splitPanel box can be mounted to the back of any LCD to convert it into a splitPanel Digital Advertising solution.
Why should I use splitPanel?
Since splitPanel is a web based solution, it allows your content to be 100% up to date all of the time. If you link to RSS feeds, website widgets, and videos, your content will be updated as those 3rd party websites are updated.
splitPanel is also administered through the internet, so you can have access to your splitPanels anytime from anywhere.
What makes splitPanel better than other digital display advertising solutions?
There are several advantages that splitPanel offers our clients:
- Our software enables you to pull content from anywhere on the internet that offers their content for free or paid use.
- You are able to pull content directly from your own website, making your website changes roll over to your splitPanels automatically.
- The admin utility is web-based which allows you to administer your content on any of your screens from any internet connection.
- Our monitoring system is in constant communication with every splitPanel device. We track system health of every splitPanel in operation. If a device is having trouble, our support team is notified automatically. As long as the splitPanel is connected to the internet, our support team can remotely connect to the splitPanel and make any changes or adjustments needed for the device.
- We add new widgets and content options frequently. Since our system is all web-based, you will receive the upgrades in real-time as they are released. This limits downtime and the hassle of upgrade procedures.
- Almost no limitations. Many digital display advertising solutions are restrictive as to what you can put on your screens. We give you all of the tools to layout your screens as you see fit. There are some general rules that we recommend for performance reasons, but the software will allow you to create the content you want in the layout you choose.
How hard is it to use and make day-to-day changes?
splitPanel has a very easy to use administration system. We also provide you with training and support.
Is there a service contract?
We offer 1 Year, 2 Year, and 3 Year contracts. A 2 year contract saves you 10% on your splitPanel hardware and licence. A 3 year contract saves you 20% on your splitPanel hardware and licence. (Discounts are only applied to splitPanel hardware and are not applied to LCD & Mounting equipment.)
What hardware and software is required?
We provide you with a splitPanel box, a network cable, a video cable, and the LCD/Mount if requested.
You may choose to use your own LCD or purchase one from us. (If you are located in the United States, we recommend ordering your LCD and Mount from cdw.com. We will provide you with assistance in selecting the required equipment.)
You will require power and either wired internet(Recommended) or WIFI internet to the splitPanel.
The only software required to administer your splitPanel is an internet browser.
How long does it take to get a splitPanel?
We can ship a splitPanel and have it delivered within 5 business days, however if you require an LCD, shipping can take a little longer depending on your location. (Larger orders can take longer, please request an estimate if you are planning on ordering for multiple locations.)
Where are splitPanels currently available?
We currently ship anywhere in Canada and the United States. If you have an interest from somewhere else, please let us know.
What kind of support is included?
We offer support 8am – 5pm CST Monday – Friday. We also offer support after hours via email. Support includes the installation and use of the splitPanel software and its features.
Is there anything I need to have ready at my location before installing a splitPanel?
You must have an electrical outlet, wired(Recommended) or wireless internet, and the LCD. We can provide the LCD if requested at the prices listed on the pricing section. (If you are located in the United States, we recommend ordering your LCD and Mount from cdw.com. We will provide you with assistance in selecting the required equipment.)
What is the best way to mount my LCD?
Mounting your LCD is often the hardest part of the install. There are literally hundreds of mounting kits that you can choose from. There are typically 4 types of mounting styles, Wall Mount, Corner Mount, Ceiling Mount, and Floor Stand. The price of these mounts can fluctuate greatly depending on the install location. Please contact us for assistance on choosing the correct mount for your LCD.
What are the benefits to using NEC LCD's?
The LCD’s that we supply are intended for commercial usage. They are built much better than a standard TV LCD. The NEC screens that we use are also brighter and preform better and longer. If you would like a detailed fact sheet on the screens we use, please contact us.
Am I able to sell advertising on my splitPanel?
Many of our clients subsidize their screens by selling advertising space. In fact, we have clients that are actually making money on their screens by displaying advertising as well as their own content.
For example: If you sell 10 ads to local businesses and suppliers for $800 each for the year you would earn $8000 per year. That more than pays for all of your hardware and hosting.
Ask your suppliers today if they would be interested in advertising on your in-house digital display advertising panels… We bet they say yes!